Friday, December 3, 2010

Tis the Season

This year it seems like December snuck up on me so fast that I hardly even had time to recognize that it was here --busyness seems to have gotten the best of me. And although it is only 3 days into the month I have a sneaking suspicion that the remainder of the month will fly by just as quickly, leaving me no time to really
"Get into" the season.

Fortunately enough for me, Taza had a great idea on her blog that will basically force me to participate in the holiday (the way I should be). She posted a Christmas Challenge list, and recommends starting at the top of the list and working on one challenge a day, until Christmas. I am going to mix it up a bit because we will be on vacation for the holiday so instead of doing on a day in order I am going to do my best to get all the challenges done before we leave (which is on the 17th, if you were wondering...I'm sure you were wondering, right?)

If you are feeling the "rush" of the season too you should join me in completing the list, it would be good for ya!


25 Christmas Challenges...

go out of your way-- befriend someone today that needs a friend and follow through to Christmas
tell someone you love them

make a tree decoration that will remind you of Christ
in your prayers today, give thanks for every blessing without asking for anything
try to be as kind as possible to others today
try not to quarrel with family members today
do a good deed anonymously
make goals for yourself-- seal a copy in an envelope to be opened in a year
visit someone sick or lonely or sad
do volunteer work for some worthy cause
do something fun for a child or younger sibling
try to forgive someone who has wronged you, be reconciled
make a "give list" instead of a list of gifts you'd like
improve yourself in some way to please the Savior
quietly reflect and choose uplifting activities vs shopping
phone or send a card to an old friend or family member
listen to Handel's Messiah
make a Christmas treat for someone else
be a calming influence today and control your temper
accept the gift of forgiveness-- pray for some weakness and ask for help in repenting of it
look at Christmas lights... where does all light come from?
sing carols
do something nice for someone without their knowing it was you
be the first to say hello to people all day
ask someone to tell you about a past Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment