Sunday, July 22, 2012

Food Adventure: Idaho

Really, if you have a problem with strips of potato fried to a crispy golden brown, sprinkled with salt, and served with some type of dipping sauce, you should probably stop following this blog. If you're not a "fry fan", seek psychological help. Please. It's for your own good. Because seriously I've never met a french fry I didn't like (aside from the occasional cold batch from Wendys).  It's no secret I love french fries, so naturally I was looking forward to partaking of the state food of Idaho: the potato. Of course I planned to seek it out in my favorite form, and seek it out I did. I read about the amazing, famous house cut waffle fries from the Snakebite restaurant in downtown Idaho Falls. On their website they boast about using fresh Idaho potatoes, so I knew we had to try them. The restauant itself is in a cute historic neighborhood and is totally eclectic - exposed brick, tile mosaic flooring, cool local art... it was the perfect environment to enjoy a plate of fries. We ordered a plate of "Mesa Falls Fries", a local favorite according to the menu. After my first bite I totally see why. They're addicting. I just couldn't stop eating. I mean really I could have eaten the entire plate. The fries were really crunchy with lots of texture, and the soft "potato-y" inside was not to be overlooked. My favorite pieces were the ends. They were extra thick, and so yummy. Adam liked the really crunchy pieces, and all of the tiny middle tid-bits that were left over after cutting the potatoes into the waffle shape. The fries came with ketchup and fry sauce. As a Utah girl, I couldn't pass up my fry sauce. I like to think the french fries were just that good because they were made from fresh Idaho potatoes. There's a reason why Idaho potatoes are famous and are used in homes and restaurants all over the WORLD. They're just plain good. Overall a great fry experience at the Snakebite! Thanks for the amazing french fries.






 On our "yumm scale" we rated The Snakebite's Idaho Potato french fries as a Holymolycanoliyumm!

For your reference the "Yumm Scale" :
1. Yuck
2. Yu...
3. Yumm
4. Super Yumm
5. Holymolycanoliyumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment