Sunday, July 22, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats


Was I offended when at a family gathering my husband whispered to me "Babe, you are really eating a lot of those rice crispy treats...maybe you should slow down, I don't want you to get sick"? Yes, yes I was. Did that make me want to stop eating the delicious morsels of goodness? No, no it did not. I hate to admit this but I certainly ate more than my fair share. Please don't judge me. Peanut butter chocolate, gooey, buttery, these things are really truly dangerous for me. I'm sure you'll understand when you try this recipe. The most horrible part of these treats is how easily they come together. Literally in minutes they are cooling on your kitchen counter begging you to have a taste. So good luck, make with caution, but most importantly if you're planning on eating a whole bunch, don't do it in front of your husband.

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats: 

Ingredents:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
8 cups rice krispies
6 oz. chocolate chips
6 oz. butterscotch chips

Melt butter. Add corn syrup and sugar. Bring just to a boil and remove from heat. Be sure not to cook this mixture too long, other wise your rice crispy treats will be as hard as a rock, take it off the heat just as bubbles start to form around the edge of the pot. Stir in peanut butter. Add rice krispies and mix well. Press mixture into large baking sheet (11X17). Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in the microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir. Continue microwaving for 30 second spurts until chips are melted. Spread chips on top of rice krispie mixture. Let chocolate set. Cut into squares and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Dude my philosophy is that if you bake them, you have no restrictions on what you get to enjoy. Isn't the story of the little red hen saying that no one but you should get to reap the benefits of your labors? Absolutely. Don't feel bad one bit. And they look friggin' tasty so I'm not mad one bit.

    ReplyDelete