Saturday, February 18, 2012

Food Adventure: Massachusetts

I am a big fan of soups, chowders, bisques, basically any hot liquid thing that is served in a bowl with a spoon that ends up in my tummy. That's why New England clam chowder (or "chowda" if you're a local), the state food of Massachusetts, had me so excited. I knew where I needed to get it, I knew it had to be served in a sour dough bread bowl. I was ready for my bowl of clam chowder. I was ready to eat like a Bostonian. We made our way to Quincy Market a busy shopping and dining area in downtown Boston, we found the Boston Chowda Co. stand, and finally we ordered our chowder. They serve up a healthy helping of the thick white chowder in a crusty bread bowl with a side of oyster crackers. I couldn't sit down fast enough to try my first bite. It was everything that I want in a clam chowder it was rich and creamy and super simple no flairs nothing fancy just clams, a few potatoes, some cream and butter and that's it. The clams are right out of the water so fresh and awesome that's a luxury of being so close to the ocean, it makes such a difference in the over all taste of the chowder. The sour dough bowl was the perfect accompaniment for dipping. It was delicious!
Mmm Mmm Mmm I'm ready for another bowl now. 
 Thanks for the "chowda" Boston, I loved it!





On our "yumm scale" we rated Boston Chowda Co.'s New England Clam Chowder a Super Yumm. 

For your reference the "Yumm Scale" :
1. Yuck
2. Yu...
3. Yumm
4. Super Yumm
5. Holymolycanoliyumm!

1 comment:

  1. You're killing me, i want to go to Boston with you guys! I cried when josh and I were there for only a day and a half. I can't wait for more pictures!

    ReplyDelete