Sunday, August 12, 2012

Southwestern Steak Kebabs

I'm not a big beef eater. It's just not my thing I'd rather get my protein just about any other way. So for me to say that I ate beef today and thoroughly enjoyed it is a pretty big deal. I tried a marinade that I hate to limit only to this recipe for steak kebabs. You could use this marinade on a flank steak then grill it and slice it thin for fajitas or you could marinate chunks of top sirloin and skewer them between vegetables and grill. This happens to be the method I chose to use today. And wow. Just wow. The lime and cilantro are two flavors that I happen to love together. Even my cilantro hating husband loved this. We had chicken kebabs too that were also very yummy. They paired well with cilantro lime rice, southwestern black beans and grilled corn. A delicious way to prepare beef, try it you'll be happy you did.

Southwestern Steak Kebabs:

Ingredients: 
2 Limes Juiced
2 Tbsp of olive oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled, minced
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
1 (1 pound) top sirloin steak, cubed 
1 green bell pepper, cubed
1 red bell pepper, cubed
1 yellow onion, cubed

Whisk lime juice and olive oil together. Add garlic cumin and cilantro whisk to combine pour over steak in a zip lock bag seal and place in refrigerator. Allow to marinate 1- 4 hours.


 Remove from refrigerator and skewer on soaked bamboo sticks between cut pieces of red and green bell peppers and onions. Grill on preheated grill about 10 minutes until preferred doneness. 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment