Monday, November 5, 2012

Ode to the black maxi skirt

The article of clothing in my closet that makes taking off my pajamas early in the morning bearable. The skirt that doubles as a blanket, on brisk fall days. Black maxi skirt I love you.  When I spill my minestrone soup on you at lunch I never have to be embarrassed that someone might see your the bright tomato-y stain. You cover up all my spills and hide my love handles under your stretchy yoga pants-esq waistband.  Your soft cotton is so comfortable. You cover my unshaven winter ready legs and make me look chic when I feel far from it. You, black maxi skirt are the greatest thing that has happened to me since leggings. Thank you for always being there for me.

1 comment:

  1. You are too cute. I have a pair of black dress pants that remind me of this post. They are NOT maternity pants but they have a stretchy waist band. I put them on and they are SO comfortable but they make any outfit look super classy. It's a major win win. Woop woop black skirt and pants. And you.

    ReplyDelete