Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pallet




Hey Salt Lakers, surrounding area residents, and Utah visitors alike have you been to Pallet yet?
If you answered no you really need to reevaluate your priorities. Eating here should be at the top of your list. This is my current favorite restaurant. Unique food, in a unique space, with friendly staff and ah-maze-ing truffle fries. What's not to love? This little gem opened up earlier this year and I'm so in love. My mom and Adam and I tried Pallet last week for lunch and already I can't wait to go back for dinner.


I started off my meal with this sweet little concoction the West Shirley Temple. Named after West Temple the street in downtown salt lake. It's like a traditional Shirley Temple only with fresh mint and lime juice. It was delish.

The atmosphere is really fun, and eclectic, it's the type of place I want to lounge around in for a few hours with a good book and a good friend, that's probably thanks to the big plush pillows on the benches. Fresh succulents grace the restored wood tables and exposed industrial lights fill the space.
 But really it's the food that makes this place special. We started our meal with an order of truffle fries, and I really can't come up with words to describe how fantastic they were! Sprinkled with parmesan cheese and served with lemon garlic aioli, they were gone in like 45 seconds. Next up I got the pulled pork sandwich with white cheddar and onion strings with a side house salad, Adam got the burger and my mom got the house salad with chicken. All were equally delicious. (But if I had to choose one...that pulled pork...the sauce, the cheese, the ciabatta...oh man)
 So if you're looking for a fun new restaurant to try in the Salt Lake area go to Pallet. You will be glad you did!

2 comments: