Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving at my grandmas house brings back so many memories from my childhood. We sit at the same table, in the same room, with the same people, eating the same meal. It gets me a little nostalgic. The group grows with new additions and the food gets better with time but the sense of family never changes. There's nothing better than eating turkey and pie with people I love. 

Take a peek at what thanksgiving at Grandma and Grandpas house looks like:

Thanksgiving morning spent setting the table, checking the black Friday adds and watching football.
 Mom and I prepare a salad and grandmas rolls rise.
The table is set and grandma lights the candles.   
 Pots and pans boil and bubble, rolls are buttered. 
 Turkey is carved and dinner is ready.
Candied yams served along side turkey and all the classic fixings. 
We finish off our feast with pie, apple crumb, blackberry and coconut cream are my favorites.
The rest of the evening is spent laughing, playing games and taking pictures with family.

I'm always sad when this day comes to an end, but somehow the leftovers help to ease my woes. I'm able to accept the fact that next thanksgiving is only another twelve months away.

Today was a very happy thanksgiving. I am thankful for this special day we have to celebrate all that we have been given with the ones we love. I hope you had a great holiday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment